Hollywood Homeowners Insurance Lawyer for Claims and Disputes
When you are filing a claim with your insurance company, you have a right to expect that the insurance company will act in good faith regarding your settlement. Unfortunately, this is not always the case. Insurance companies, like any other company, are in the business to make money. One of the ways they do this is by unfairly denying or undervaluing your claim, but with the help of a Hollywood Homeowners Insurance Lawyer, we can ensure you are getting a fair shake.
If your insurance company denies or undervalues a settlement amount, you may have the right to make a legal claim to obtain a fair and good faith settlement. In the event of a denial or undervalued settlement offer, contact a >Hollywood Homeowners Insurance Lawyer at Property Damage Law Firm for help.
What Does Florida Homeowners Insurance Cover?
A basic homeowners insurance policy provides coverage in six main areas, including:
- Dwelling Coverage. Covers the structure of your home and should be in an amount equal to your home’s estimated replacement cost.
- Other Structures Coverage.< Covers detached structures on your property and should be approximately 10% of your dwelling limit.
- Loss of Use Coverage. Covers additional living expenses while your home is being repaired or is unlivable, and should be approximately 20% of your dwelling limit.
- Medical Payments Coverage.
- Personal Property Coverage. Covers damage to your personal belongings both inside and outside the home, and is typically 50% of your dwelling limit.
- Personal Liability Coverage. Pays for legal and medical bills if you’re held liable for injury or personal property damage to another person.
Reasons for Insurance Claim Denials
Insurance companies may claim a variety of reasons for denying or undervaluing your claim. Challenging these reasons is a complex and frustrating task. If your claim has been denied or undervalued, it may help to ask yourself:
- Am I being unreasonable in light of the reason(s) given?
- Did I overestimate the value of my insurance claim?
- Do I have any responsibility for covering my own damages?
It’s best to consider these questions ahead of time since they will almost certainly be raised as issues in any legal claim you may have. Some common reasons insurance companies use to deny your claim may include:
- The insurance company claims the damages are less than what you are claiming
- The damages are found to fall below the policy deductible
- The insurance company has determined that no covered loss occurred
- The insurance company has determined that your losses are ineligible for coverage or excluded from your policy
If you disagree with the reasons stated for your claim’s denial, contact a Hollywood Homeowners Insurance Lawyer at Property Damage Law Firm for assistance evaluating your legal options.
Insurance Claim Mismanagement
Not every issue you face with your insurance company is a denial or an undervalued settlement offer. Mismanagement of claims can also be an issue you may have to address.
Insurance companies are supposed to offer fair settlements and act in good faith. Nonetheless, as with any company, insurance companies are in business to make money, and this can lead to acts of bad faith. Examples of insurance mismanagement that may lead to disputes include:
- Unnecessarily delaying the claims process
- Denying a claim without a reasonable explanation
- ack of diligent communication with the policyholder
- Mishandling information relevant to the claim
- Misinterpreting the circumstances, including the resulting losses, that gave rise to the insured’s decision to file a claim
- Overlooking types of coverage offered in the insurance policy, which can result in a denied or undervalued claim
A Hollywood Homeowner’s Insurance Lawyer Explains When You Have a Legal Claim
Insurance companies are legally required to pay out fair claims submitted by policyholders. They must follow the terms set out in the policy, act in good faith, and avoid unfair tactics. In Florida, you can generally sue an insurance company for:
- Wrongfully or improperly denying your claim
- Not paying the amount required to fix your damages
- Underpaying your claim
- Failing to pay because they say your damages are less than your deductible
- Denying a part of a valid claim
If you have any reason to believe your claim may be unfairly denied, undervalued, or mismanaged, contact a Hollywood Homeowners Insurance Lawyer at Property Damage Law Firm. Also, be sure to document your correspondences with your insurance company and maintain your records to help your lawyer with your claim.
How Long Do I Have to Sue My Insurance for a Claims Dispute?
Most insurance policies have a limit for the number of times policyholders can dispute an insurance claim, and every state has what’s called a “statute of limitations,” the legal deadline for filing a legal claim. In Florida, the statute of limitations is five years from the date of the loss.
We advise you to contact our Hollywood Homeowners Insurance Lawyers at Property Damage Law Firm as soon as possible to ensure the statute of limitations compliance. In addition, preparing a proper claim takes time, and over time evidence becomes more difficult to obtain. Memories fade, and evidence becomes stale, misplaced, or “lost.”
The Benefits of Hiring a Hollywood Homeowners Insurance Lawyer
Insurance companies have teams of lawyers who are experienced and difficult to negotiate with. These types of negotiations are best left to a Hollywood Homeowners Insurance Attorney to secure you the maximum payout possible based on the circumstances surrounding your case. Our attorneys are experienced negotiators and can match your insurance company blow-for-blow regarding any issue involved. Among other things, our experienced team can:
- Effectively communicate with you throughout every step of the legal process
- Investigate how your claim was handled by the insurer
- Consult with legal and insurance experts
- Determine how much your case is worth
- Provide an overview of your legal options
- Represent you to the insurance company
- Fight for the best possible settlement
Contact a Hollywood Homeowners Insurance Lawyer to Learn About Your Options
Insurance companies do not have your best interests in mind. Rather, they seek to convince you to accept the least amount of money you let them get away with. If you have covered homeowner damages, contact a Hollywood Homeowners Insurance Lawyer. At Property Damage Law Firm our sole focus is on insurance claims. We offer free consultations, same-day return calls and emails, a multilingual staff, and the latest technology for an ideal client experience. Contact us online to get started with your free consultation.